~ 101010 ~ 百年一逢的好日子，愿大家一切都十全十美 ~
Oh yes… back to the topic.. My first attempt on sushi…turned out great~
Just that the sushi rice is a little bit too sticky…
Improve next time~ woo hoo….
This sushi making idea started since the Japanese food fair @ 1 Utama few weeks ago..
Bought my first sushi set @ the price of RM25.90 which including of Roasted seaweed, Bamboo Mat, Wasabi, Vinegar and Shasimi Soy Sauce. Worth it right?
Then, bought the SUMO sushi rice @ Carrefour. Err.. can’t really remember how much is that, I guess is around RM10++ per kg.
Here I come with some steps on the sushi making :-
- Cook sushi rice. According to the instructions on the packaging, we should mix 1 cup of rice + 2 cup of water. But, the rice turned out a bit too sticky, thus, I guess next time I should try cup of rice + 1 1/2 cup of water. Will share with you guys again if it turned out well. Then, spread the vinegar evenly through the rice.
- Prepare all the necessary ingredients ~ Tuna, crab Stick & Japanese Cucumber.
- Place 1 sheet of nori in the center of the bamboo mat, narrow edge nearest you.
- Spread rice mixture over the nori, leaving 4cm uncovered at the far edge. One side of Nori for Sushi is smooth and the other one is rough. Apply rice on the rough side of the Nori, otherwise rice won’t stick.
- Place all ingredients on prepared Nori.
- Use the bamboo matt to roll the nori around the fillings. Press firmly as you roll. If you don’t tighten the roll enough all ingredients will fall out when you cut the roll.
- Remove from the mat, leave for 10 minuts, then cut into small slices with sharp knife.
- Serve with Wasapi + Soy Sauce. Yummy yummy~
haha… My bro-in-law said is Jusco Sushi standard.. not bad eh… can’t expect to have Sushi Zanmai (My favourite sushi place @ 1 Utama) standard for the first time right? At least the sushi roll is tight enough, ingredients never fall out when cut the roll. Well, more sushi coming soon… gambatei~
Of course, my lunch is not only with sushi. hehe… Japanese Curry came together.. Err… I don’t like hot & spicy Indian curry..but this Japanese Curry taste good for me… why? haha… because I bought the mild sauce mix.. 3 types of sauce mix available for this brand ~ MILD, MED HOT & HOT. I got my curry sauce mix @ the Japanese fair as well…RM10.90 for 1 packet. Wanted to try out the MED HOT next time. Oh ya, I got to know this Japanese Curry from Lane. Thanks Lane ~
I made a simple chicken curry with potatoes, carrots and onions. It was really easy to make. First I cut up all the ingredients into bite sized pieces. I cooked this up in a nonstick pan. Then followed the directions on the box adding water and the curry. That’s it… done~